I came across a recipe for these little BBQ meat cups many years ago. I think it was from a fundraising cookbook that I bought at one point but I couldn't tell you where it is now. They seemed pretty interesting at the time so I thought I'd give 'em a shot. They turned out to be really good and super fun to eat. I make them a couple times a year to add a little variation to the everyday menu. I keep talking about changing up the ingredients to make a pizza version and an Italian version, so keep an eye out for those sometime in the future.
1 lb lean ground meat
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/4 c onion, diced
1/2 c BBQ sauce
1 can biscuits (10 count)
1/2 c shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or according to biscuit directions)
2. Cook meat with green pepper and onion until no longer pink and vegetables are soft.
3. Drain grease, if any, from meat mixture.
4. Mix BBQ sauce into meat mixture.
5. Grease muffin pan if it isn't non-stick.
6. Take one biscuit and flatten out into larger circle.
7. Spread one flattened biscuit into one muffin cup.
8. Fill each biscuit cup with about 2 TB of meat mixture, pushing down to form a slight well in the center.
9. Sprinkle cheese evenly over each biscuit cup.
10. Bake for about 10 - 13 minutes (or according to biscuit directions) or until cheese is melted and biscuit is golden brown.