I was sitting at my computer the night before we were going to my parent's house when I got the idea for the cobbler. I had never made one before so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take advantage of all the summer berries and work on my dessert skills. I don't normally make desserts so I like to take on the challenge when possible. The finished product was juicy with just the right amount of sweetness and crunch. I think I can safely add it to the awesome category.
Oh, and I did end up making the jello for my dad. Of course, it couldn't be just jello though - I had to create a three layered spectacular with fruit and cool whip and hours of preparation. Yep, even jello deserves the gourmet treatment sometimes.
Very Berry Cobbler
- 6 cups mixed berries (I used blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB sugar (use 1 TB more if you prefer less tartness)
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 3/4 c butter, diced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Mix berries, lemon juice and sugar and spread in 13x9 inch pan.
2. Mix all crumb toppings together until a crumb consistency is formed.
3. Evenly sprinkle crumb topping over berries.
4. Place in oven, uncovered, and bake for 30 - 40 minutes until bubbly and crumb topping is lightly browned.