Green Beans with Red Pepper and Onion
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 c onion, sliced thin
- 1 to 2 TB butter, depending on taste
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil enough water to cover green beans.
2. Snap off hard ends of green beans.
3. Once water has reached a rolling boil, boil green beans for about three minutes.
4. Remove beans and shock in ice water to stop cooking.
5. Melt butter in large saute pan.
6. Add onion and red pepper and cook for a few minutes or until starting to soften.
7. Drain and add green beans to pepper and onion.
8. Saute over medium-high heat until green beans are hot.