- 10 baby potatoes (red or gold)
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 TB onion, chopped
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar (or other cheese)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Boil potatoes in lightly salted water for about 20 - 25 minutes or until tender soft.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop bacon (I find it easier to chop before it is cooked) and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until almost crisp. Drain.
4. Return bacon to pan and add onion. Cook until onion is soft.
5. When potatoes are done, drain and place on greased, foil-lined cookie sheet.
6. Smash each potato with the bottom of a flat cup until just before they start to break. You should have about a 1/2 inch tall flattened potato.
7. Sprinkle each potato with the onion/bacon mixture and top with a little bit of cheese.
8. Broil for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
These little potatoes could really be topped with anything and they could be used for an appetizer or a great side dish.