They were so quick and easy to make and just tasted so good! My friend told me that she makes her own enchiladas so I told her to hand over the recipe. Hers have rice and beans so I might break my 'low-carb' lifestyle just to give 'em a try. Wonder if she'll share the recipe...
Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/4 c chopped red pepper
- 2 cups packed shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 c Mexican blend shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/2 c Cheddar or Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 28oz can Enchilada Sauce, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook onion and red pepper in about a tsp of oil until soft.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, shredded Mexican cheese, salt, pepper, onion and red pepper. Set aside.
4. Pour about a 1/2 c of the Enchilada Sauce onto the bottom of a 13x9 inch non-stick pan and spread to evenly coat.
5. Take a tortilla and place about 1/4 c of the chicken mixture down the middle and roll it up. Place in the 13x9 inch pan, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
6. Pour the rest of the Enchilada Sauce over all of the rolled up tortillas to evenly cover them.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 c of the other shredded cheese over the sauce.
8. Bake uncovered for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.