Thursday, November 10, 2011
Sweet and Easy Banana Pancakes
Have you noticed how bananas don't seem to last as long as they used to? Mine seem to get mushy way too fast and instead of throwing them out I just throw the whole thing, peel and all, in the freezer for another use. It's pretty funny to just open the freezer and see all those bananas in there! They're great for banana bread but I take it a step further by incorporating the banana bread idea into a pancake.
It's a great alternative to boring, plain pancakes on a busy morning and using pre-made mix makes it so easy and fast. All you have to do is thaw one of the frozen bananas, mash it and mix it right in!
It's so easy to add a little more flavor to most things with a little imagination!
1 c pancake mix
3/4 c water
1 medium, very ripe banana (thawed if frozen)
1/2 TB brown sugar
1. Mash banana with a fork.
2. Combine pancake mix, water and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. Add banana and stir. Be careful not to over-mix.
4. Cook pancakes according to mix directions.
1. Add about 1/4 c chopped nuts to the batter before cooking.
2. Add about 1/4 c chocolate chips to the batter before cooking.
3. After cooking, spread some nutella or peanut butter on one pancake and sandwich another pancake of equal size on top. Nothing goes better with a banana than peanut butter...(or chocolate peanut butter as we call it in my house)