Tuesday, December 27, 2011
I haven't met a person yet who doesn't like poppers. They're so tasty with all that cream cheesy goodness mixed with the hint of spice. I took that idea and formed it into small bites that are perfect for those get togethers when finger foods are a must. These can also be suited for your tastes by adding more jalapeño or less depending on the spice levels you like.
1 1/2 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
3 finely diced jalapeños
1/4 c shredded cheddar
1 c panko breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c flour
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Mix first four ingredients together in bowl.
3. Roll into 1/2" balls.
4. Roll each ball into flour to coat.
5. Next, roll each into the egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
6. Place onto foil-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly into thick coins.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes turning each coin over halfway through cooking time.