I whipped up another drink the other night. I was feeling coconut again (surprised?) so I tried a new route with coconut milk, lime juice, and a simple syrup instead of my standard pina colada-inspired beverage of choice. This new drink was quite tasty and might just become my new favorite. It can easily be tweaked to fit your mood of the moment, too. Want it super strong? Leave out the club soda. Want it weaker? Cut out some of the rum. The wonderful thing about pretty much any drink out there is the ability to tailor it to fit your specific tastes. This one screams coconut with a hint of lime and, in my opinion, it doesn't get much better than that!
Coconut Lime Cocktail
3 TB Coconut Rum
3 TB unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 TB simple syrup (recipe follows)
1 TB lime juice
1. Mix all ingredients, except club soda, in a shaker with ice.
2. Pour into a tall glass filled with a couple ice cubes and top with club soda.
2 c sugar
1 c water
1. Place sugar and water in small saucepan.
2. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Boil for about 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Store in refrigerator for a few weeks.