These potatoes are the most perfect mashed potatoes I've ever made. They were so good that I just had to post them. Now, mashed potatoes are usually one of those things that you just make as you go, but I just happened to write this one down and I'm going to follow it every single time now. They were just that good! They had the perfect amount of everything and were creamy but stiff enough so they didn't run all over the plate.
So simple, so perfect, so delicious.
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
• 6 large golden potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
• 4 TB butter
• 2 oz milk
• 1 TB chopped parsley
• 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
• 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into 1" cubes.
3. Once water boils, add potatoes and bring back to boil. Boil for 5-7 minutes or until firm, but tender. (Don't overcook or the final dish will taste watery.)
3. Drain potatoes and return back to pan.
4. Mash with remaining ingredients. If you prefer your potatoes creamier, add some more milk - a little at a time - until you reach your perfect consistency.