The original was more of a Mexican-flavored meal so I decided to change it up and bring on some completely different flavors. The only way to go, of course, was Mediterranean style!
This ended up being one of the best things I've ever made - and tasted! It's so easy to make and it's a great way to use up some leftover quinoa from dinner the night before. I may just have to constantly have some in the fridge for this one though.
Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Avocado
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tbsp minced parsley
• pinch dried minced garlic
• 1/4 c cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 2 tbsp feta cheese
• 1/4 c diced, seeded cucumber
• 1 tbsp sliced onion
• 3/4 c cooked and cooled quinoa
• 1 ripe avocado
1. Combine all except avocado together in bowl. Mix well.
2. Cut avocado in half, remove stone, and peel. Spoon quinoa mixture into each half and serve.
Per serving (for 2): Calories 339.1 | Total Fat 22.3g | Saturated Fat 4g | Cholesterol 8.3mg | Sodium 351.6mg | Potassium 156.5mg | Total Carbohydrate 31.8g | Dietary Fiber 8.4g | Sugars 2.1g | Protein 8g | Vitamin A 13.9% | Vitamin C 30.7% | Calcium 5.9% | Iron 18.6%