These. Oh boy. These are some good muffins. It's almost like a little zucchini bread for one. But better. These muffins are good and good for you. You can be very happy while eating them.
We've really been focusing on the healthy lifestyle over here, but that doesn't mean we're not going to enjoy food. I mean, come on...food is delicious! Why would you deny yourself the good stuff? You just have to make sure the good stuff is good for you. And these muffins totally are. They're so moist and there's just enough sweetness to make you feel like you're getting a great little dessert. Or breakfast. Yeah...I think I may have one for breakfast...
I have tweaked the recipe slightly by removing baking soda, lemon juice, and some of the sugar. I have also increased the baking powder by 1 tsp. The muffins have a better texture and taste just as good!
Zucchini Pineapple Muffins
• 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour (measure by spooning into measuring cup then leveling with knife)
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 c granulated, white sugar
• 1/4 c packed brown sugar
• 2 TB honey
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 c grated, squeezed zucchini (measure after squeezing out water)
• 3/4 c crushed pineapple in juice
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in medium sized bowl.
3. In large bowl, mix together eggs, sugars, honey, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
4. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
5. Fold in flour mixture just until moistened. Don't overmix.
6. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray (or use liners) and fill each cup a little over 3/4 full. Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Optional add-ins: nuts, dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips.