I have a problem. If I don't make up something new each day, I feel weird. It's to the point where I'll just come up with something on the fly sometimes just so I can blog about it. I know, I know...it's just that I'm a creative person and that creativity has to come out in so many ways! The kitchen is my studio and food is a canvas. Does that even make sense or am I just full of it? Either way, I wanted a snack and I got to thinking...
Something on a tortilla sounded good. A roll-up of sorts? Yes! I then proceeded to turn that little snack into a big to-do like I normally do and ended up with a plateful of these little bites.
These roll-ups are the perfect little bite for the big game. (I'm totally excited about that by the way. Even though my team didn't make it. Again. Ugh.) They're easy to make and definitely a better alternative to the bag of chips.
Tropical Ham Roll-Ups
• 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I prefer 1/3 less fat)
• 1/3 crushed pineapple, drained
• 1 TB finely diced red pepper or chopped pimento
• 1 TB finely diced sweet onion or green onion
• Pinch salt
• 18 round slices of honey ham
• 6 tortillas (white or wheat)
1. Mix first five ingredients together.
2. Spread about 2 TB cream cheese mixture over each tortilla.
3. Place three slices ham on one half of each tortilla.
4. Starting with ham side, roll up the tortillas tightly.
5. Chill for at least 1 hour then slice each into 6 pieces.