When it comes to getting dinner ready for a busy family, there's nothing better than a super quick meal that covers all the basis. This one-pan dish is full of everything you need for a well-rounded dinner including the meat, the veggie, the starch and the yummy goodness.
There is so much flavor packed into this simple dish and it can easily be adapted with your own favorite vegetables or sausage. The adults will love it, the kids will love it...it's a win/win for everyone!
Smoked Sausage Skillet
12 oz pkg smoked sausage, sliced into rounds
6-7 baby golden potatoes
1/2 large onion, wedged
1 red pepper, thin sliced
1 c frozen cut green beans, thawed or 1 can cut green beans, drained
1 TB butter
1 TB olive oil
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Prick potatoes and cook in the microwave for three minutes to jumpstart cooking.
2. Meanwhile, slice sausage and veggies.
3. When potatoes are done, let them sit a bit until cool enough to handle safely. Cut into wedges.
3. Heat butter and oil in large skillet over med-heat until melted.
4. Add potatoes, onions and peppers and cook for a couple minutes until everything is starting to brown and onions are starting to soften.
5. Add sausage and beans to pan. Sauté for a few minutes until heated through.
6. Next add the spices and seasonings and cook for a few more minutes until everything is nicely browned.