I brought this over to my parents house after I made it and we polished it off before dinner as a little appetizer while we cooked. There was seriously nothing left! It definitely hit the spot with it's rustic flavor and the slight buttery notes from the pastry.
It's so easy to make, looks so elegant, and it's so tasty that it's sure to be a hit as an appetizer, a veggie-filled breakfast, or any other reason you could serve it! It would be great paired with a salad or soup for a light lunch, too.
If you still have some tomatoes and zucchini sitting around, this is a great way to use them up!
Tomato and Zucchini Tart with Garlic
• 1/2 pkg puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
• flour for dusting
• 6-8 roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4" slices
• 1 med/lg zucchini, sliced into 1/8" halves
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, smashed
• kosher salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll into a rectangle about 10"x13". Place pastry onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Lightly score a line around all the edges about 1/2" from the pastry edge. Prick the entire pastry with a fork.
4. Mix together oil and garlic. Brush the pastry, inside the score marks, with about 1/3 of the oil mixture. Layer on tomatoes and zucchini, alternating rows.
5. Brush tomatoes and zucchini with remaining oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Per serving : Calories 136 | Total Fat 9g | Saturated Fat 3g | Cholesterol 1mg | Sodium 179mg | Potassium 223mg | Total Carbohydrate 13g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 3g | Protein 3g | Vitamin A 11% | Vitamin C 28% | Calcium 2% | Iron 6%