Including all the prep work, the entire meal took me a little over a half hour. It was one of the easiest things I've ever made and it was delicious! The boys loved it and since it was all cooked in one pot, the clean up was a breeze.
What more can you ask for on a busy weeknight?
I think I'll be making more of these so keep an eye out...
1-Pot Pasta: Creamy Tomato and Spinach
• 7 c chicken or veg broth
• 3 oz cream cheese
• 1 lb cavatelli noodles
• 1 1/2 c grape tomatoes, halved
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 1/2 c parmesan cheese
• 5 c fresh spinach
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients into a large pot, making sure everything is covered with the liquid. Push it down if you need to.
2. Cover pot and bring to a rolling boil.
3. Remove lid, stir, and cook over high heat for 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and the sauce is thickened and creamy. Stir occasionally.
4. When done, turn off heat and stir in parmesan cheese and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.