Since that original garlic roasted asparagus recipe has become one of my most viewed posts, I decided to take that idea and expand on it with different flavors. The first go at it uses lemon as the flavoring. I tossed the asparagus with olive oil, a little lemon juice and some lemon zest. It was a big hit. My husband and I both loved it and my son even liked it. We had fish for dinner with it and it was the perfect side dish. It would also be great with my Grilled Chicken with Lemon, Honey and Rosemary when warmer weather comes around.
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
• 1 bunch asparagus
• 2 TB olive oil
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
• 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
3. Wash and trim asparagus by removing the tough bottom stem - about 2" in length.
4. Place asparagus on the baking sheet and top with remaining ingredients. Toss together right on the baking sheet.
5. Roast in oven for about 12-15 minutes or until nicely browned and tender.