Continuing my 'Pumpkin Event' is so much fun. And what's more fun than little pumpkin-flavored bites that are super easy to make and super tasty?
I recently made my Crescent Dogs for dinner one night and those were the inspiration for these little crescent roll-ups. Kids love crescent rolls so I figured I would translate them into fun, little shapes that my son would enjoy eating. And, yes, the big kids love them, too.
But why wouldn't they! What's not to love about butterly layers that are filled with a sugar-spiced pumpkin filling?
Pumpkin Crescent Roll-Ups
• 2 cans crescent rolls (or sheets)
• 3/4 c canned pumpkin
• 1 TB white sugar
• 1 1/2 TB brown sugar
• 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 2 TB white sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix pumpkin filling ingredients together and set aside.
3. Mix cinnamon sugar ingredients together in separate bowl and set aside.
4. Unroll crescent roll dough and form into four rectangles. (For each rectangle: take two of the triangles and pinch the long sides together. Make sure to completely close the seams.)
5. Spread the pumpkin mixture evenly among the rectangles. Leave about a 3/4" border on one of the short ends.
6. Roll up each rectangle starting at the short end without the border.
7. Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 1/2" pieces. (You can also use non-flavored dental floss by scooting the string under the whole roll and pulling the opposite ends together through the roll at each 1/2" mark. It works really well.)
8. Place each piece, cut-side down, onto a lightly sprayed, foil-lined baking sheet.
9. Sprinkle each one with some cinnamon sugar.
10. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.