I put together these little coffee cakes based on some research of others out there as well as an inventory of what I already had in the fridge. They were super easy to make and definitely satisfied that sweet tooth craving in that 'melt-in-your-mouth' type of way. Not only is it made with a few simple ingredients that almost everyone has around the kitchen, but you don't have to worry about how long it's been sitting on a store's bakery shelf!
Mini Blueberry Coffee Cakes
- 1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 pkg crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Beat cream cheese and egg in mixer until completely blended. Add sugar and mix well. Add lemon juice and beat until fluffy.
2. Open crescent roll cans and lay out dough so you have four rectangles. Pinch together the seams and then cut each rectangle into 2 squares.
3. Place an equal amount of cheese mixture in the middle of each square, about 2-3 TB, and spread out slightly. Make sure to leave a bit of a border around the cheese.
4. Drop about 1-2 TB of blueberries on top of cheese mixture.
5. Take opposite corners of crescent roll squares and pinch the points together on top of blueberries. Take other two corners and bring to the middle on top of the first.
6. Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and drizzle with glaze* if desired.
1 TB melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix all ingredients together.
Makes 8 servings